Gasser HotRod Forums banner

Greetings from Ohio!

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  sbauman2 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I've been a member here for a few years, joined up to follow Val's Falcon/Futura build. Never posted just lurked, lol.

Now it seems I may have a gasser of my own in the works. Just picked this '56 Chevy up last week. Am still feeling it out to see what it wants to become (I follow the little voices for the most part) but for certain it will have a 327 and Muncie M21 4-speed.

Not sure yet on front suspension. May go ball joint spacers, or might have a lead on a straight axle under an old hay-wagon built on a 40's complete GMC truck chassis. Time will tell.

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome back with a vengeance no less. 56 is my fav tri5. I'm gonna think aloud like Lash. Straight axle or drop whatever you can manuver. That will be an awesome project. Take lots of pics for us.

#4 ·
Welcome back to the forum as an active member. I agree with Mario, it's nice to see a 56 build. As for the ball joint spacers I'd stay away from them. If you don't want to go to the expense and work of a straight axle you might want to think about new spindles available for the tri 5 front ends that give you lots a front end lift, about 4" (for the nose in the air gasser look) but you keep the stock front end geometry, they're bolt on and cost much less than a straight axle. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-CHEVY-...ash=item2cb4bd6385:g:u~YAAOSwHsRYEjJG&vxp=mtr
Again, welcome and keep us posted on your build. Also, how about a name on your posts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.