Chicken Picker? [Archive] - Gasser HotRods

: Chicken Picker?

Mr.396
03-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Anyone remember a gasser that raced around the Atlanta Ga. area in the early 70s that was named "The Chicken Picker" I think. It was a early 40s Willys 4 door think the owners last name was maybe Callahan. If you have info or pics please post. If I remember correctly I saw this gasser in Car Craft magazine back in the day.

rlbutcher
03-06-2011, 11:03 AM
hey 396 check this page out,go down a few pics, dont know if its what ya' want.

http://georgiadragracing.com/articles/2002olddragracersreunion.html

Mr.396
03-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Thanks RL that appears to be the car I remember reading about in the magazine. Good to see the car is still around.

Chris m
10-31-2013, 12:53 AM
Chicken picker was owned by m.a. And bill madden of Anniston,al. Was d gas record holder . Awesome small block ,great builders and tuners. I saw her go through the field at Indy and red light at the final i think. You are right it was in car craft in I think the February or mar issue 1971, because I bought it in the atlanta airport when I went in service . I have searched for the article but no luck. The article called their painted steel wheels alabama mags. I did learn the car survives and was at a show in Panama City fl and saw it on the net. Hope this helps

ProMetalShop
10-31-2013, 08:15 AM
Chris, welcome aboard, and thanks for the info. Hope ya still hang out with us, in our little corner of the net. :) :)